Sunday 4 May 2008

Productive Saturday...

Hello friends... What a saturday it turned out to be for yours truly. Don't get me wrong, nothing bad happened or anything. As most you guys now, I'm a Civil & Structural Engineer by profession and have a few ongoing project in the 'pipeline' to over see. One of which is the Development of the National Park in Ulu Temburong. And yesterday was one of those days the other consultants and myself had to do a site visit to Belalong. As usual the day started off early where I had to be in Kianggeh boat depot as early as 730am. Though I was a few minutes late (no thanks to the traffic in Jangsak) everyone else was too. Anyways, the site visit took longer than expected. Hoping to get back to bandar around noon time, I could only get back by 330pm. Had to inform Luq (partner in crime) that I was running a bit late cause we had plans to visit DST road show. Luckily Luq understood and continued with our plans just before 5pm. 
Main objective for the roadshow visit was to speed test the GO! broadband hailed by DST to have 7.2Mbps download speed. Expectations were high but (yes there is a but..) it was not to be. 3 kiosks tested, 3 results obtained and average speed was.... 900+ Kbps. Luq and myself was hoping to see at least 3megs on the speed test, but to no avail could only achieve 1.7Mbps on one of tests. Reasons were given by the attending staff member that they are clearing the cache servers and that normal speed will resume shortly. As I mentioned in my earlier post, it is still early days to jump the boat and migrate. We'll see in next few weeks...
Dinner was a totally different affair altogether. I wouldn't say it was subdued, but it was a totally different fun and obviously filling. Mrs. Sandman and myself decided to take my young girlfriends (cousins Adik Nisa and Alai Era) to The Airport Restaurant. The food as usual was excellent. They are currently having the Singapore theme nights until next week. So it was an opportunity for myself to minimise my food cravings. The Kolo Mee and Chili Crab was awesome. Credits to the chef!! The young ones certainly enjoyed their dinner and the smiles on their faces was enough to make my day. I certainly hope that each weekend would be like last night, but we can't expect the same thing every week. However, to spend quality time with Mrs. SandMan after a long day at work was definitely priceless.

No comments: