Thursday 1 May 2008

'Starky' Fun..

A'kum all. It has been quite a while I have reviewed a movie on my blog. Either lack of any good movies released or just lack of good movies (did I say that already?). But hey, last night was the start of this year's summer movie season. And what a start!! A few more to wait for ie. The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk, Indiana Jones, (Get Smart).... but Iron Man was an excellent start. Robert Downey Jr. played Tony Stark to perfection. He was witty, charming though purposely clumsy at times but when he introduced the suit for the 1st time, it was like being in the comic book itself. It was mesmerising (well, for me it was... nerd alert!!). The Mark III suit was brilliantly translated to the wide screen, with a touch of 'hot rod red', of course. The CGI was flawless, dare I say it... was 'transformers' territory. You'll get engulfed in the story line, the supporting cast was top notch. An almost unidentifiable Jeff Bridges played Tony Stark's business partner. For you guys not in the know, Hogan (Tony's personal driver) was played by the director himself. Anyways, though the ending was a bit predictable but 98% of the movie was wall to wall 'oooooo's and aaaaaa's. All in all, 9/10 from me. Now where's my Audi R8? 

No comments: