Monday 7 May 2007

Spidey 3...

It's been quite a while I've caught anything on the big screen, but last Saturday had a chance to watch Spiderman 3 (free tickets from InComm heheh)at The Empire Cinema. Expectations were high as the last Spidey movie was considered by many as the BEST comic book movie of all time. However, this time around it was a bit of a dissapointment. I'm not saying that it was a total mess, there were good CGI to go around and of course Venom was awesome. But 3 villains in a movie? Its too much to take even for me a comic fan boy. In my opinion, there were to many characters to concentrate on. With Peter/Spiderman trying his hands on being 'cool' (due to the symbiote), Mary Jane frustrated on her broadway carrier, Harry (New Goblin) going mental/revenge over the death of his father, Flint Marko (Sandman) trying to live with himself caused by the mistakes that he had done, Eddie Brock (Venom) being to the 'professional' photographer at the Buggle.... I can go on and on and on and on about the plot.. Action scenes were far apart, making me uneasy in my seat waiting for the next fight scene from the ample villains that we have in the movie. Leaving the cineplex I had the same feeling as I had after watching Superman Returns.. unsatisfied.. But hey who am I to say, Spiderman 3 will undoubtebly succeed at the box office (US$148 million over the weekend). However, we won't see many people return to the cinema to watch it twice as many did for Spiderman 2. All in all, 5/10 for the movie and 9.5/10 for VENOM!!!

No comments: