Wednesday 19 September 2007

Fade, slice, shank...

You might be wondering what the title has anything to do with my entry.. well, for the most part all of the above are golfing terms... and let me tell you, yesterday's golf round in RBGCC Jerudong exhibited all three. Was it me, my swing or what ever factor contributed to my dismall game yesterday.. I'll never know. But heck, I was someone who could not get the ball to go straight. Out of the 9 holes, the lads (Luq and Azmi) and I played yesterday, I only made 2 fairway hits!! I was in excellent form the night before at the Empire driving range, I even gave Azmi some driving tips. Hmmm.. maybe, just maybe... its Azmi's fault... He took all my golf powers!!! What powers??? hahaha.. I guess I'm just in denial. Oh well, that's golf for you. You might have a good game on 1 day, but you'll have a horrible game the next. Well enough of golf, let's talk about yesterday's sungkai.
My entourage and I went to the nearest sungkai place around RBGCC, which is Jerudong Polo Club. We were there around 6pm, if it were any other place it would be full but Jerudong Polo Club was an exception. The place was, how shall I put this.... empty. We were the 1st ones there. Can it be true? are all Bruneian not eating out during sungkai anymore??? I wish. Soon the patrons came, but not alot though. By the fast break (breakfast sounds like sarapan pagi to me hehehe) there were only about 20 people (us included) there. What was wrong, we wondered.... The ambiounce was great, the food above expectations... the price reasonable.... Finally it all came to mind... no marketing. That was what all of us thought. I had trouble even finding the phone number for the club. No advert in the papers, not even a mention on the radio. What a pity, dare I say it... The food was much better than Empire's... there I said it.. hehehe. Choices range from a hot plate station (this was awesome), rojak, noodle station, ambuyat, ambeng rice, etc. For $19/pax and a place like this, I really thought that this was a bargain. They even have sahur buffet priced at $12/pax from 10pm till 1am. I might bring the missus out for sahur one of these days. One of these days!!?? I'll probably take her out tonight... As I said, I am on a mission... a mission to gain weight... NOT!!!

No comments: