Tuesday 20 February 2007

How you doin?

Eddie Murphy getting married to himself?? What is the world coming to?? Now that's a sight to be seen.. Wait!! I did see it, last night to be exact. Well, in Norbit anyway.. It's the latest big screen release by the comic veteran. Got to go with the missus and the entourage (my cousin and best mate) along with their 'missus' (Girl Frens lah). High expectations all round from Mrs. SandMan and the rest of the gang. Knowing it to be a 'clone' movie of Nutty Professor 1&2(Mr. Murphy playing multi characters), all of us were waiting to have a great laugh fiesta (lurus kah inda tu spelling nya atu?, ah screw it..). Anyways, 15 minutes into the movie, the laughters came but not as often as we have expected. 3/4 through the movie I had a thought.. was it a comedy or an insult to our gravity challenged friends. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them (being an obese person a good half of my adult life before I joined the gym), I felt that the comedic scene potrayed through out the movie is too demeaning. Even the rest of the gang agreed with me, getting laughs from other people's problem is not a good night out. All in all, 4/10 for the movie. The 1 good thing that came out of the night was that I get to spend it with the people whom I love and are very close to, Mrs. SandMan (love of my life), Luq (my cuz/best mate) and last but not least, Azmi (my other best mate/personal physician). Even though they brought along their 'hand bags' (Girl Frens agi heheh) along (heheh sorry mat..) but me and the missus didn't mind them tagging along. It felt like a triple date... oh yeah, back to the movie.. if you like laughting at other people's expense, watch it.. if not, don't even think of coming close to the cineplex.. even with a 10 feet pole.. One more thing, can't wait to watch Mr. Bean's Holiday though, at least that movie we are laughting with him and not AT him (I hope).. Gracias

No comments: