Tuesday 20 February 2007

You!! Guilty!!

Had a chance to check out the new cineplex in town (Seri Q-Lap) last Sunday (could have been in Bangkok.. still mad about that) and was quite impressed with the layout. Since this is the first time I ever stepped in the new mall (even though its only a stone throw away from my office), I was very eager to check out the place. 1st impression, it was a small buidling to be called a mall. Antah ah? maybe used to seeing malls being 'big' shooping complexes but Q-Lap mall has all the usual elements of a mall. Descent food court, shops and a supermarket and now a cinema.. Not bad.. Got to watch Ghost Rider there and 2 words comes to mind... AWESOME CGI!!! (well more than 2 words heheh) Not being a great fan of GR, I was a fan by the end of the movie.. or was I just a fan of the movie rather than the character?? Your typical comic book adaptation movie, hard core action, some what love story and the all too familiar 'sex sells' (in the form of Eva Mandes's cleavage) were present. I won't go into details of the movie, but all in all I give a 8.5/10 for the CGI but a 6/10 for the storyline. I have to agree with our very own local celebrity blogger (Rano). Nicholas Cage does not play a cool super hero's alter ego, apart from when he is Ghost Rider and not when he is plain ol' Johnny Blaze. A dare devil stunt man who loves coloured jelly beans and listens to The Carpenters?? Checky I would say, maybe the creators of GR wanted to inject some soul into the character, who knows?? Hey wait a minute? GR does not have a soul, he sold it to the devil... for love... ooooo...

No comments: